FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BMS Race Info-From Race Fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 10:03am
As of yesterday.......gas @ Food City on HWY 394 was $2.66 a GAL. @ Walmart on the volunteer parkway was $2.61 a GAL. Walmart also had a whole section up in the front of the store with lots of camping stuff,coolers,seat cushins,camp chairs,etc. ALOT of driver shirts for a price of $15 each/with print on front & back-nice shirts! GAS around the Tri-Cities area is anywhere from$2.59-$2.79 a GAL.
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
Bowhntr View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowhntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:04am
Originally posted by mnlott_2010 mnlott_2010 wrote:

Hi! We are attending our first race at Bristol Motor Speedway and have a few questions about parking.... Is there alot of parking available in the free parking sections or do u have to gamble on being able to find a spot? If there is enough parking in the free section how far away is it from the track? We are staying in gatlinburg and i saw the link for rockytop tours and we are considering this for the cup race Sunday but was curious if anyone has ever used this and is it worth paying 60 bucks. Any information would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated....and another thing what is this JELLOVILLE I am reading so much about and we have tickets to the food city race night and was wondering if you have to have tickets for the drivers that will be signing auto's and is it hard to get the tickets? 

Thanks so much !!!! 
The free parking off of White Top Rd has plenty pf parking.  I've never had a problem getting a spot there.  It isn't that far of a walk to the track maybe 3/4 of a mile BUT it is STEEP coming back to your vehicle.  We have affectionately dubbed it "the hill from h*ll"  When you top the hill you are looking across the top of Waltrip Grandstands at the Wallace Tower.  That is where I park and walk from and it isn't too bad especially if you pace yourself.  Getting out on Sunday can be a bit of a wait but it isn't bad, just don't get in a big hurry. 

Edited by Bowhntr - 15 Mar 2010 at 11:04am
Bring back North Wilkesboro Speedway!!!!
Bowhntr View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowhntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by tadpole tadpole wrote:

As of yesterday.......gas @ Food City on HWY 394 was $2.66 a GAL. @ Walmart on the volunteer parkway was $2.61 a GAL. Walmart also had a whole section up in the front of the store with lots of camping stuff,coolers,seat cushins,camp chairs,etc. ALOT of driver shirts for a price of $15 each/with print on front & back-nice shirts! GAS around the Tri-Cities area is anywhere from$2.59-$2.79 a GAL.
If you are coming up from South Carolina or out of the Asheville, NC area, fill up in South Carolina or cross into Tennessee before filling up again.  The I-26 corridor through NC is averaging about 2.80 a gallon for gas and 2.90 on dieselShocked

Edited by Bowhntr - 15 Mar 2010 at 11:06am
Bring back North Wilkesboro Speedway!!!!
16ThEBiFF View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16ThEBiFF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:51am
During your travels to Bristol if you are coming from  the West you better stop before or after Nashville, TN the cheap gas is 2.80 pretty sure its .25 cents cheaper outside of Nashville, Just thinking you guys would like to know.
Orange Blooded Race Fan
oxybob View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 5:40pm
Gas around morristown, tn is 2.54 to 2.57.  Good if coming 25E or 11W or I 81(exits 4and 8)
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 6:56am
INFO BUMP!
Showed up for the party and stayed for the race!I hate BUSCH so bad I made my wife shave hers!
bfcracing11 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfcracing11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:14am
anybody know what the gas prices are in Erwin or Elizabethton? usually fill up at the super walmarts
Campin' The Way It Oughta Be
The Boss View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 16ThEBiFF 16ThEBiFF wrote:

During your travels to Bristol if you are coming from  the West you better stop before or after Nashville, TN the cheap gas is 2.80 pretty sure its .25 cents cheaper outside of Nashville, Just thinking you guys would like to know.
Lebanon usually has the best prices on gas this side of Nashville.
Go Carl Edwards!!!!
lostinpines View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostinpines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:56pm

We always park along the tennesse ernie ford parkway; no fines or tickets. we park in front of the church. Get there by 6:30. They serve breakfast at 7 for a nominal donation. Good grub. then they have a shuttle that will drive you down old thomas bridge and drop you close to front entrance. You've got all morning to wander. After the race the 1 mile+ hike is a pain, mild uphill walk. As long as you're going west (for instance, toward pigeon forge where we also stay) takes less than an hour to get back on the freeway and usually just over 2 hours to get back to cabin. like i said, the hike after can be a pain; moving like cattle, but the benefit of parking further away is indeterminable because of the time you save.
lostinpines View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostinpines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:56pm
sorry, look here for the satellite map http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=36.513135&lon=-82.264852&zoom=17&tt=bristol%20motor%20speedway&tp=1&ioride=us
The Boss View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 4:00pm
Traffic will be bad in general.  If you kick back at somebody's campsite for a little while it will usually clear out and you won't have to get as frustrated as sitting in it going nowhere.
Go Carl Edwards!!!!
ShawnQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 6:28pm
First time to Bristol, and I'll be coming out of the Nashville airport, staying in Greeneville.

1)How early should I leave Greeneville TN in order to beat traffic? It says it is 50miles from the track.

2)Also, how early do the souvenir stands open? In other words, how early is TOO early to show up on Sunday?

3)Any input on the best place to park? My seats are in the Pearson section. I don't mind walking a little ways if it gets me out of there sooner post-race. I have a 7hr drive (no traffic) and have to be at work the following morning at 0730 Cry

4)Anything to see in Greeneville on Saturday while I'm there?

5)Any pointers for a new-to-Bristol race couple? I wont be drinking due to the drive after and the work the following day...but I wouldn't mind hanging out a bit pre-race and maybe post-nationwide race.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn
racenut View Drop Down
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:34pm
Gas just south of Knoxville (Lenoir City exit 81 on I75) is 2.69/gal at the Interstate, a few cents cheaper over the hill at wal mart or food city
Mike
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 8:09am
NIGHT RACE BUMP
racenut View Drop Down
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by racenut racenut wrote:

Gas just south of Knoxville (Lenoir City exit 81 on I75) is 2.69/gal at the Interstate, a few cents cheaper over the hill at wal mart or food city
Now it's 2.57 at the exit and 2.55 away from the exit. If you are coming from Nashville (I-40 West) there is one station off the Lenoir City exit and it's 2.57.
Mike
hemipower426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 2:24pm
Kingston exit Raceway just south of Interstate gas is 2.54
racenut View Drop Down
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 2:56pm
Some people don't think 2 or 3 cents a gallon is a lot, but when your motorhome has a 75 gallon tank (and gas milage that makes Al Gore's mistress screamShocked), that adds up in a hurry!
Mike
racenut View Drop Down
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 3:08pm
Hey Tadpole,
 Wheres the best place to gas up a motorhome off exit 69 Hwy 394? Easy in and out is what I mean by easy, me and "The Other Woman" (what my wife named the motorhome) like it easy in and easy out Embarrassed .
Mike
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by racenut racenut wrote:

Hey Tadpole,
 Wheres the best place to gas up a motorhome off exit 69 Hwy 394? Easy in and out is what I mean by easy, me and "The Other Woman" (what my wife named the motorhome) like it easy in and easy out Embarrassed .
Food city less than 2 miles on the left after you get on 394(visit them if you can-they do sponscer the raceWink)-if there busy....Food Country is right down the road bout 1/2 a mile or so & are on the right(you don't have to cross traffic) & have bout the same prices on Gas,groceries,etc. as food city during race week!Wink
NJ-JUNIORFAN88 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJ-JUNIORFAN88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 7:45pm
Anyone have gas $$ off 81 south thru VA. Thanks
dawg37179 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawg37179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 10:56pm
Don't get gas in Nashville!!!!! Regular is $2.65 and diesel is $2.99!!
Proud Jellovillian!

BassPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:52pm
Hell, that's cheaper than what we're paying for gas here and it's being refined on the Texas coast...Somethin' just aint right...Lol.
Will be attending 2010:   Spring and Fall TMS Races
Spring Dega Races
Fall Bristol Races
hemipower426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemipower426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 7:53am
Originally posted by BassPro BassPro wrote:

Hell, that's cheaper than what we're paying for gas here and it's being refined on the Texas coast...Somethin' just aint right...Lol.
Yea this is where we start quietly paying for the BP oil spill
tadpole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 10:53am
At Food City on HWY 394 gas was $2.61 Friday.......which is bout average in the tri-citeies right now.
BassPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:18am
Originally posted by hemipower426 hemipower426 wrote:

Originally posted by BassPro BassPro wrote:

Yea this is where we start quietly paying for the BP oil spill

How true that is!!
Will be attending 2010:   Spring and Fall TMS Races
Spring Dega Races
Fall Bristol Races
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic