FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NASCAR & Kyle Busch, Shame !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ladynavyvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladynavyvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NASCAR & Kyle Busch, Shame !!!
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:28pm
 I am extremely unhappy with Kyle Busch's behavior this past Tuesday evening, and NASCAR's lack of action concerning it! He's been charged with the most serious moving violation outside of DUI, and NASCAR decides to take no action against him. Why not just go ahead and pat him on the back and say "boys will be boys" then?Angry The crime he's charged with is very serious indeed, it shows a wanton disreguard for the lives of everyone along that road, and in my opinion worse than a DUI, since he was supposedly clear headed when he decided to drive at speeds in excess of 120mph!!! It was sheer luck that no one drove or walked into the path of the sports car he was test driving, they would have been killed on impact.
 If NASCAR is going to shame our beloved sport, and not make an example of Kyle Busch, then I am calling on Coach Gibbs to do it himself. Kyle needs to be suspended from racing immediately, and a stiff fine slapped on him as well. We don't need to wait for this to go through the court proceedings for his verdict, he admitted publicly several time this week already that he did everything he's been charged with. He should hand over his NC drivers license to the state's DMV office for at least 3 months. Otherwise he's showing young drivers that what he did is perfectly ok, and it's not, not by any means.
I'm asking all the fans of NASCAR that read this post to please contact the Joe Gibbs Racing via their website contact form, let them know how you feel about this. The website is at www.joegibbsracing.com/contact-us/ . I fear this and directly contacting his primary sponsor, M&MMars is the only way anything will be done about this. 
Linda
Each and every day is a gift, never forget that.
davey130 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 11:24pm
Well looks like  the preacher is back. Sorry some of us don't agree with you. Yes it could have been a horrible situation...but it wasn't. I'm sure that you would never speed or have done something stupid many years ago when you were young. You are just trying to make sure that he gets punished in any way possible. I guess he had better be glad that he wasn;t smoking & drinking too! NC will deal with him & unless you work for the DMV or the courts quit being the Judge & jury.
Proud Family Member of JELLOVILLE!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladynavyvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 6:19am
I've never claimed sainthood, but I've also never drove 78mph over the posted speed limit. I hate to break it to you davey, but I've talked with quite a few others that are just as unhappy with NASCAR's non action as I am. Most of them just don'tt use this forum. I have no personal feelings for Kyle, for or againt him, and wouldn't post a personal attack here if I did.
Linda                                                                                                                                           
mcwasrt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcwasrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:56am
Be ticked at Joe Gibbs racing. Kyle does not work for NASCAR. He did not break any NASCAR rules. Gibbs is the one who should act on this.
12brodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12brodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 10:50pm
He made a mistake on his own time. 
I am the 2010 jelloville 500 Champ!!!!!!!!!
beiter77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beiter77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 12:33am
Originally posted by 12brodie 12brodie wrote:

He made a mistake on his own time. 
THANK YOU!!!! I've been saying this the whole time. While I don't condone Kyle's actions and have said many times that it was stupid and dangerous this is a matter for the state of North Carolina to deal with not Nascar.
2011 Nascar Champion... ANYBODY but the #48!!!
bowhuntress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowhuntress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 11:49am
Heck why should this be treated any different then the numerous Pro Athletes (Baseball, Football, actors, actresses etc) that get busted drinknng and driving, or even drugs ~  They are right back on the field or on the TV without anything more then a slap on the hand. 
3Laps2Go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Laps2Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 12:48pm
Money talks.......
I'd rather be at the races!
Kenny Mazza View Drop Down
CMS Fan Advisory Board
CMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny Mazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:46pm
The whole world seems to be suffering from one thing or another.We are in wars an suffer from many disasters. If a person would spend a few hours on a interstate highway at the posted speed limit they would find themselves being dusted by speeders left and right if you posted about every one of these your fingers would start bleeding. In closing I think we have more problems than speeders that we could be trying to address the DMV can take care of speeders we as a nation have bigger fish to fry.
Kenneth L. Mazza

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladynavyvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 9:06am
The reason I am so intent about this is Kyle's blatant disregard for anyone elses life and well being when he was driving at over 120mph on a public road. If he had a hankering to drive that car at such a rate of speed he should have made arrangements to take it on a closed track, heaven knows he has the funds to do it. Doesn't NASCAR have a morals clause in their driver contracts, if they do it should cover more than murder and sexual assault. NASCAR drivers absolutely should be held to a higher standard when it comes to driving violations, especially reckless and or drunk driving. I'm not talking about nitpicking for simple speeding tickets, or other minor driving violations, but when you break the big ones, and admit to it, or be convicted in court, there should be a stiff penalty from the team owners and NASCAR.
Most of these drivers have young fans that idolize these drivers, and want nothing more than to be just like them in every way.Unfortunately some of these kids don't have parents that will take the time to tell them their idol is a flawed human being, and not to do everything he does. FYI, the results of what happens when he does go to court for this ticket many never come out in the news, it could well fly under their radar, or be hushed up, as a previous post noted "money talks", and Kyle Busch, and Gibbs racing both have plenty of it. As for what the other sports do or don't do to regulate the behavior of their athletes, that has no bearing here, this is NASCAR, the sport that's supposed to be "America's most family friendly sport", the sport of the working class families.
One more thing, and then I'll be done with my comments to this topic I started, I've heard so many comments about Kyle being trained to handle cars as such speeds, and that's true. What he isn't trained to do, what he had no control over is dodging other drivers entering from driveways and cross streets, or pedestrians along the shoulders and crossing the roads!  
Linda
Terry T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 7:02pm

Richard Petty's Aggressive Hit and Run Highway Maneuvers

09/23/96

Reuters has reported that Richard Petty, the "King" of stock car racing and the Republican candidate for the North Carolina's Secretary of State, was charged last Wednesday with reckless driving and hit and run property damage. Petty allegedly put his stock car racing tactics to use on the highway, bumping repeatedly into the back of a motorist he was trying to pass on Interstate 85 in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.

Petty allegedly bumped, James Rassette, who stopped a state trooper at a rest stop and reported the incident and Petty's license plate number. Police are investigating the incident.

A police statement indicated that the length of time between the incident and the formal citations being handed to Petty is common, given Rassette's minimal damage assessment. Petty, now a NASCAR team owner, had been in Delaware over the weekend for the NASCAR MBNA 500 race.

Kyle is not the 1st.....
Facebook: Terry Tombaugh
"I have a motto: Work to become, not to acquire." -Alan Kulwicki.
cwgamer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 8:37pm
Yeah but that guy was a 'left lane clogger'...you know the kind. Riding in the fast lane two miles an hour under the speed limit and disrupting the whole natural flow of things. The King just did what we've all wanted to do almost every time we're on the Interstate. LOL
Terry T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 8:49pm
I know you're right Gamer, when I drove OTR the only thing I hated about NC was that so many drivers were like WI drivers. They loved to drive slow in the left lane!  Only 2 states I experienced that on a regular basis!
Facebook: Terry Tombaugh
"I have a motto: Work to become, not to acquire." -Alan Kulwicki.
tkarint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkarint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:16am
This incident was really an ugly one. There still exists a word called 'respect'. Its surprising that the daddies of NASCAR did not frame code of conduct or disciplinary action for the racers.
Scottt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 9:01pm
I drive a big truck 3200 miles a week and I'd rather meet Kyle at 120mph than the 7 out of 10 cars that pass me doing 70mph and texting.
tkarint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkarint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 12:56pm

Nascar Driving Experience

Originally posted by Terry T Terry T wrote:

Richard Petty's  Aggressive Hit and Run Highway Maneuvers

09/23/96

Reuters has reported that Richard Petty, the "King" of stock car racing and the Republican candidate for the North Carolina's Secretary of State, was charged last Wednesday with reckless driving and hit and run property damage. Petty allegedly put his stock car racing tactics to use on the highway, bumping repeatedly into the back of a motorist he was trying to pass on Interstate 85 in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.

Petty allegedly bumped, James Rassette, who stopped a state trooper at a rest stop and reported the incident and Petty's license plate number. Police are investigating the incident.

A police statement indicated that the length of time between the incident and the formal citations being handed to Petty is common, given Rassette's minimal damage assessment. Petty, now a NASCAR team owner, had been in Delaware over the weekend for the NASCAR MBNA 500 race.

Kyle is not the 1st.....

makes an lexus lfa run seem kinda small    lol
mompink7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mompink7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:18pm
If you don't think that this happens all the time with drivers.  First of all, they are NASCAR Racecar Drivers. They go fast.  Then a car company ask them to take the car out "test it".  come on, is your head in the sand. 
  You obviously aren't a Kyle Busch fan and wouldn't this be a great way to get rid of a "great driver".  Grow up.  Its just racing man

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic