FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rain Out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rain Out
    Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 1:59pm
Thanks to all of you who showed up for the final ET bracket race of the year but sadly it wasn't meant to be.
We came close, I had called both the Sportsman and Trophy classes into the lanes and actually the 1st pair of Sportsman cars were in the staging process when starter Dan DiVita felt the first signs of the predicted rain.
From there it was all down hill and rather than keep everyone around and hope for a break in the weather, it was decided just to pull the plug and allow everyone a early start home.

Your tech cards will be held at the gate and will be good for any of our ET Bracket events in the 2007 season. All crew members are advised to keep their ticket stubs as well and the same rule will apply.

The 2007 Drag Race schedule has not been finalized with the exception of the Fram/Autolite Nationals and the Lucas Oil Series Divisional and will be posted just as soon as all details are worked out.

Help pass the word about this new forum and just follow the rules.  I'm sure that management will be watching and any thoughts or ideas that you feel may help to enhance the drag racing program will be looked at.

Thanks to all of you for your great support and Happy Holidays to all of you and your families from the drag racing crew here at Infineon.
rancheroracer View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 4:04pm
  Jim,
I was wondering how far the racing would get, I was all hooked up & loaded but the weather reports scared me off.  Sure wanted to see how the Ranchero would run with the cam change & converter repair.  Hope to see everyone New Year's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 4:30pm
Hi Doug,
Considering the pre race predictions by the weather forecasters, I was surprised to see that we got as far as we did though no cars actually got down the track. Our safety crew of Dan DiVita, Lane Olson and Mike Thompson got the track dry enough to run but once the drops started to fall again, the hand writing was on the wall.

As far as the New Years Day race, I haven't heard anything on it or if it's even on the schedule? Once I get the dates, I will post them here as I know many of you require some added time to set your work/race schedules.

Thanks for your post, we need to get the word out about this forum and have a gathering place for our Wednesday Night and Summit ET Bracket racers to exchange some ideas.

New NHRA rule for 2007 and this applies to everyone regardless of catagory. One WORKING TAIL LIGHT REQUIRED EVEN DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS and not just limited to night time operation. You might want to consider tying it into your ignition system so that it is automatically activated.

Also, No Snell 95 Helmet will be accepted as of January 1, 2007 so for those of you needing upgrades, put it on your Christmas list.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 27 Nov 2006 at 4:32pm
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Jim McCombe Jim McCombe wrote:

New NHRA rule for 2007 and this applies to everyone regardless of catagory. One WORKING TAIL LIGHT REQUIRED EVEN DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS and not just limited to night time operation. You might want to consider tying it into your ignition system so that it is automatically activated.

That's the way I have mine now, one less switch, also that way I can't forget to turn them on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 5:19pm
Looks like you are ahead of the game "Dead On Doug" but I'm sure that not everyone will get the word until after the 1st race.
I'm confident the Infineon Tech crew of Paul Brandner, Dave Scwartz, Joe McClennahan, Paul "Slim" Franklin, Lonny Porteous, and Aaron will keep on top of it as well as the other rules changes as they occur.
a1090cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1090cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 7:49pm

Jimbo, is there a reason we are stuck on Sundays for our brackets. Are Saturdays out of the question for some reason.

Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by a1090cuda a1090cuda wrote:

Jimbo, is there a reason we are stuck on Sundays for our brackets. Are Saturdays out of the question for some reason.

I agree with that 110%.  Saturdays are so much better, it's one day out of the weekend, why not make it a Saturday, of course if it's available.
STK 758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STK 758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 10:16pm
Very nice site Jim. We were not ready anyway! But getting closer. Hello Jim and Doug.

Brake lights manditory!!! LOL!!

Barry

Edited by STK 758 - 27 Nov 2006 at 10:18pm
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 10:27pm
Hi gang. Glad to be here...thanks for leaving a trail of bread crumbs, Jim...found you guys no problem at all.

Brenda always mentions she wishes the Bracket races were held on Saturdays too...leaves Sunday to recoup, if you know what I mean.

Personally, I used to prefer Sunday races...that gave me time to prep the alky-Dart for the races the day before...but now that we run the Peanut, and I usually get Tommy's car done during the week one evening, Saturday seems to end up as a day we just chomp on the bit waiting for the races the next day....and getting home late Sunday(if you've done well) leaves little time for that all important celebratory beverage partaking adventure...

anyway...I'll be watching for the 2007 schedule...thanks again Jim for the lure to this site.

Sunday's rain out was a bummer...spent all day Saturday tossing new slicks on Peanut, doing some ignition work, and repairing the rear brakes...last fellow racer I knew who worked on rear brakes ended up in the finals at Famoso...the almighty Mr. Richards!!!
 But props to the crew at Infineon...as always, they did everything they could to let us play...

p.s. say some new equipment(race cars) that didnt look familiar...next season should rule. Glad to be back in 'Pro'...running against those slow 16 second burgundy Ford tow vehicles got old!

Best local bench racer around.
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Peanut Peanut wrote:

Glad to be back in 'Pro'...running against those slow 16 second burgundy Ford tow vehicles got old!

Now who in the world could that be?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 12:45am
Originally posted by rancheroracer rancheroracer wrote:

Now who in the world could that be?

I dont know...but what I do know is...HE was the last vehicle we raced against in our Dart...and it was sold the next day!
Best local bench racer around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 1:13am
Good to see that many of you have found your way to the forum section.
Please keep in mind that I am not an official represenative of Infineon Raceway regarding scheduling or it's policys and only serve in an unofficial position.

As far as drag race schedules are concerned, there are just a limited number of dates that we can get and I'm sure Georgia  takes just about everything that she can get her hands on.

I have read on DRR (Drag Race Results.Com) that some of you may be having difficulty trying to find this site. I will send a message to the office to see if they will post a direct link on the home page to make access easier.

Enjoy the forum and feel free to start a new topic with a different subject matter so that not everything is crammed into this one topic.
Hagen 79 sst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagen 79 sst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 11:04pm

Hi all

They let me in can you beleave it.
Gone to dinner seeya tomorrow. By the way,,,,,you guys need to get a job,,,and off the puter.  Buy.........carl
Smokem If Ya Gotem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 12:26pm
Here it is, one week later and nothing but sunshine. As someone else pointed out earlier, the weather was great leading up to the last scheduled event and about 2 days after all of the way up until now.
Still waiting on the new schedule to be released so until then it'd bench racing with you guys via the internet.
a1090cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1090cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 1:29am
Jim was there something scheduled today at Infineon?
That's why they call it R A C E gas.
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 2:41am

I'm not Jim, but this is what's shown on Infineon's site

Jim Russell Racing School GRO
  Saturday & Sunday, December 2nd-3rd
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic