FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10.00 and Quicker Tech Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dusty498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10.00 and Quicker Tech Question
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:00pm

I am getting confused on the new verbiage for rules regarding window nets... Cars 10.00 and quicker require nets. However, do the nets expire? Similar to the 2 year seatbelt life?

I thought I read that if a car is on the slower end of that bracket (forgot the actual ET) that the net's ribbons just had to be in 'good condition' to pass. Is that true or do all cars 10.00 and quicker require updated nets?

Please advise.
budoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:31pm
I read that very recently they changed the rules to require replacement every couple of years.

Also I heard from a tech guy that engine diapers were necessary at 9.80 and lower.
Mongo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:10am
window nets are required if,
1. your vehicle runs 9.99 and quicker or 135mph and faster
2. window net is a class requirement.
3. the vehicle is required to have a roll bar do to vehicle configuration.

window replacement,
1. every two years if it is a class requirement as it is in pro stock and in some comp eliminator classes.
2.every two years if it is a fish net style window net.
3. replace the window net if it has been modified or the window net is in poor repair.
  other wise it rules have been amended to read as they did last year.

Mongo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by budoboy budoboy wrote:

I read that very recently they changed the rules to require replacement every couple of years.

Also I heard from a tech guy that engine diapers were necessary at 9.80 and lower.

Diaper/belly pan is required if your running 7.49 and quicker or a diaper/belly pan is a class requirment. The only exception to this is "and you going to love this" If your vehicle runs 9.99 and quicker and you are going to attend the NHRA ET finals or the NHRA world finals race of champions you will be required to have a diaper/belly pan on your vehicle.
Mongo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:41pm
[QUOTE=Dusty498]

I am getting confused on the new verbiage for rules regarding window nets... Cars 10.00 and quicker require nets. However, do the nets expire? Similar to the 2 year seatbelt life?

I thought I read that if a car is on the slower end of that bracket (forgot the actual ET) that the net's ribbons just had to be in 'good condition' to pass. Is that true or do all cars 10.00 and quicker require updated nets?

Window net change!!!!
Changed from;
An SFI 27.1 ribbon-type or mesh-type window net is mandatory on any full-bodied car required by the rules to have a roll cage.

To;
SECTION 20: GENERAL REGULATIONS, INTERIOR: 6, WINDOW NET (Page 29) An SFI 27.1 ribbon-type or mesh-type window net is mandatory on any full-bodied car running 7.49 (*4.49) or quicker. For full-bodied cars running 7.50 (*4.50) to 9.99 (*6.39) or if vehicle runs 135 mph or faster a ribbon-type or SFI 27.1 mesh-type window net is mandatory unless otherwise specified by class requirements.

SFI 27.1 window net, when required, must be updated at two-year intervals from the date of manufacture. Window net must be securely mounted on the inside of the roll cage, with the permanent attachment at the bottom. All attachment points must be designed in an attempt to protect the driver and avoid contact with track surface or guardwall. Eyelet clips, dogleash hardware, hose clamps, etc. prohibited. Penetration of webbing, except as performed by manufacturer, prohibited. Any modification to net must be performed by manufacturer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic