FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jan 7th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dave Hoover View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jan 7th
    Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 12:19pm
Sun
Jan 7
Sunny
58°/37° 0%
58°F
Looking good so far!
Glens67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glens67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 4:43pm
Can I come and play, It would be just the truck. Got to check up on Mom in Mill Valley
Dave Hoover View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 6:57pm
Absolutely Glen, you"ll get the first bounty. 
 Looking forward to seeing you.
rancheroracer View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 7:18pm

Bring Mom, you can pit for her, dial in, etc.  See you there!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Glens67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glens67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 8:28pm
OK DOKIE
rancheroracer View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheroracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Glens67 Glens67 wrote:

OK DOKIE

Who you calling an Okiedokie?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2006 at 3:52pm
Hopefully the weather will work in our favor and the first 2 races on the 2007 schedule will be NON Summit points events based on the past history of the scheduling. Just consider them warm up races. I have yet to hear from Georgia as to when the official points series starts but will post them once I hear from her.
Happy New Year to All

Edited by Jim McCombe - 31 Dec 2006 at 3:54pm
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 11:19am
Thanks Jim...hopefully they dont make the first points race on a HOLIDAY Monday, like they usually do...notvery many people get that day off work, and to pretty much be forced to take that day off if you want to do well in the Summit point's battle, just doesnt seem right...

I've beat this dead horse many times, I know...but to have points races on just about every single Monday holiday throughout the year isnt a crowd favorite.

I love racing, and I cant think of a better way to spend a 3 day weekend...but to make those holiday weekends a "points race" pretty much uses up many people's vacation time(for those who get it) to try to secure a decent point count for the season.

Best local bench racer around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 3:31pm
One thing to keep in mind Craig that Georgia doesn't have the luxury of selecting her dates and is limited to the dates that are offered her.
That is one of the problems and as a result some of the races will fall on a Holiday. With any type of scheduling, there will always be conflicts in one form or another as I find out when I was working in the Baking Industry and had to work a split week with Tuesdays and Saturdays off.  Worked most holidays so I missed out on a lot of racing and what I would have given to have both Saturday's and Sunday's off...
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 3:46pm
Oh I hear ya Jim...believe me...I understand the lack of options we have as far as track dates available for drag race venues. My whole concern is IF/WHEN the first points race of the year falls on a Monday, that very few people/businesses consider a "national holiday".

I know for those who cannot make it to a race based on their carreer choices, and/or other obligations, "that's racing"...but given a choice, I'd rather the FIRST points race of the year NOT be on MLK day...that's all.

There's no worse way to starting a season-long points battle with a big ZERO point count on the first event.

The other 3-day weekends are fine...labor day, memorial day, and the likes...plus they're later in the season...if a racer is already doing "not so well" in the points by May or September, then they have more choices as to which decision to make for those race dates...but NO ONE wants to miss the first points race of the year, and having that FIRST points race fall on a Holiday that(no offense meant) barely qualifies in most people's lives as a "Holiday" is a tough nut to chew.

Edited by Peanut - 02 Jan 2007 at 3:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 4:38pm
On a plus side Craig as far as your problem, not all races are counted as a points event and you are able to waive at least one if my memory is correct based on last years Summit points series.

jeff gillette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff gillette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 10:59pm
Just do what I do when you need days off for racin.

I call that cheap SOB that I work for and tell em "I'm going racin,I expect to get full pay,don't want any crap and if he doesn't like it, he can kiss my a**"!   After all these years , I get no arguement.

Edited by jeff gillette - 02 Jan 2007 at 11:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 1:07am
Jeff, it's quite evident that you aren't working for Debbie...Lay that line on her and she would knock you on your butt...Hee Hee
Do you usually make those remarks to the guy in the mirror when your shaving??? From what I gather, that's the guy your working for
Now on to some serious stuff, when's Pizza?
yellow nogo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow nogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 8:59pm
I have to agree with Craig..Seams like the drag racing program has always taken a backseat to everything else at the track. I think this is the reason we race holidays and four of our points races are sceduled durring the rainy months. The more that become non points races or get rained out will make it just that much harder to qualify to go to Vegas. Seams like there are a lot of weekends between March and Oct. the races could be scheduled. The rainy months could be give to a sport that doesn't have to have a dry track. I also think Danny and the guys do a really good job with the track, given the conditions and weather they have to work with. It's not their fault there is water coming up through the track or the fog doesn't clear till 11:00!
I know................I'm whinning I'll stop

TeamPower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 10:09pm
OK you all better watch out!!!  I will be driving this weekend!!!!  You heard right I am back in the car!!! 
72Qsam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Qsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 10:41pm
Hey Glen,

I sure could use some help with our Boyz....stop by and see.... I got a good one for you!    

Hey Doug call me, if Frank hasn't talked to you!
Sam 707-322-3140
yellow nogo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow nogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 11:56pm
OK you all better watch out!!!  I will be driving this weekend!!!!  You heard right I am back in the car!!! 

Go Get Um Sharon! Show them boys what for!

Edited by yellow nogo - 03 Jan 2007 at 11:59pm
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 12:31pm
uh oh. Team Power- Both "Power's" have a solid win on their resume...I dont know what's worse...the chick behind the wheel and the man watching the massive wheel stands...or the man behind the wheel, and the chick giving me a hard time in the pits.

either way...when Team Power is present, best be on your game.

It's been so long I cant remember, but I think Tom's Camaro is ready...hopefully 2007 is as fun, but easier than 2006 was in the alky-injected BBC.

as for Peanut...between Tom Johnson, Marc Power, Joe Felciano and myself, all it needs now is one thing....a driver...and we have that in Brenda Andrada....we finally got her a vehicle worthy of her starting line prowess...if the tune up is right, it'll be a round-after-round favorite.

a1090cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1090cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 2:46pm
Good luck to all. I will be taking all of January off and possibly the whole season in order to get some remodeling done around the house. This year, for me, there is more to life than racing. Again good luck and be safe!!
That's why they call it R A C E gas.
Bob7855 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob7855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 9:51am
OK Team Power....It will be good to see you behind the wheel with the bucket on again, Sharon.  I know you must be champing at the bit.
See you and Marc on Sunday.
                                        Bob
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by a1090cuda a1090cuda wrote:

Good luck to all. I will be taking all of January off and possibly the whole season in order to get some remodeling done around the house. This year, for me, there is more to life than racing. Again good luck and be safe!!

Attention Board moderators...someone logged in as Jimmy, and is posting hog-wash under his name.

I KNOW he would never write anything like that....if he did, I say we gang up and go abduct him, strap him in Nor-Bomb's 24 second Corolla, and let him get "re-aquainted" with drag racing.

"more to life than racing"......you're nuts. 
But, if you're serious, then who gets to drive your car?
...and remember, there's always room in our pits for ya! Nuttin but luv for ya bud.

STK 758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STK 758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 5:55pm
1090, I have been remodeling for a while now.... She always finds more! I do get to take off with Gillette but it's not like running your own. Tyler's new Moser axles were wrong so he will not make it Sunday either.
See you all Sunday!

Barry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 6:14pm
Barry, just give Tyler the keys to your Stocker and let the kid play Sunday
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 8:51pm
well, fired up the Peanut today, and got it all spiffy looking, and fired up Tommy's alky-injected big block Camaro....nothing says "racing" like the smell of alcohol in an enclosed trailer!

Joe Felciano, our engine builder just finished his hot-rod Camaro motor, and broke it in on his engine stand this morning....he is installing it in his car as we speak, and plans to bring it out tomorrow.

Mother nature must be in a good mood...weather's looking very "inviting"

I am trying to talk many of my Lincoln club members in to coming as well...they came for the Thanksgiving weekend, but had to leave with a rain check(literally)...many came from hundreds of miles...dont know if they will plan to come out or not, but if you see a Mark VIII racing, chances are it's one of my "posse"

Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 12:06am
Peanut fell victim in the 2nd round to Lisa Caldwell, eventual runner-up(that's me justifying the loss), but I tell ya, many familiar faces in the late rounds. Brenda did her jon today, but my dial-in didnt help her one bit....maybe next time... her day is coming!

Kieth Richards pulled out one helluva package against Tom Johnson in Super Pro...how about Kieth's .510 light, and a right-on 9.735 on a 9.73...nice job Kieth...Tom's .499 red and his eventual 9.728 on his 9.75 dial was just too painful a way to let that fender race-type round slip away.

But Tommy started our 2007 season just how we ended 2006 Wednesday nights at Infineon...he had a  final round appearance (in Trophy)...to me, it dont matter what class a final is in...ya still have to be there to take the win light, right?

Nedbal's Neon is insane...

but the big winners were Infineon's crew today...cleanup after clean up, wrecks, tow-aways, more clean-ups....and the track never changed.

Thanks Infineon...Peanuts to you all!

and in the wise words of Dave Hoover...."If you aint got a Peanut in your pocket, you aint nobody!"

Thanks everyone...and thanks for a fun(and tiring) day Tom Johnson.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic