FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Rides & what Changes Have You Made For 2007?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rides & what Changes Have You Made For 2007?
    Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 4:07pm
I know that Rich Nedbal will be driving a newly aquired Dodge Neon that was once campaigned by Pro Stock driver Alan Johnson in Super Pro this year.
From early reports based on some initial runs at Sacramento, this car is going to be very fast.
Who else has a new ride? For the rest that will be racing the same car or Bike that you had in 2006, what changes have you made and what are your performance expectations?
yellow nogo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow nogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 8:43pm
HI Jim: Happy New Year and all that. Well for me it's a whole new motor........since I blowed the old one up. Building another 383...(I like to be stroked ) Went from a Hyd. to a solid cam and up'ed it a little. Might make a 10, ran an 11.23 with the other motor. It will get some better heads eventually and then it better run a 10! Although I don't mind being in the 11's..........Gives me more time to think about it and screw up.
Hagen 79 sst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagen 79 sst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 8:53pm
well jimmy
Where do i start
Sense i crack another block in 06,,,i guess you can say that a new block is in the works,,, (thanks to Dave Hall) and of course my pistons wont fit the new block, so new pistons are on the way. and of course sense i need new piston,,,lets open it up. So it looks like we will be running a little more inches this year,,like 540"
And sense i have so much down time waiting for parts i decided to repaint the car. So i have been sanding and sanding away on the thing,,and thinging why do i do this to myself. So that is where we are today,,,,just having fun It all should come togather by feb,,,I hope
Smokem If Ya Gotem
m709nhra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m709nhra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 9:52pm
As I'm sure that most everyone know's, my goal is Stock Eliminator with my Camaro. Last year my good old dad and I tore into the car and redid all wiring, interior, and drivetrain. Right now I'm using the same motor I ran 2 years ago in Sportsman. But I've put a good converter and gears in it and footbraking it at only 2500rpm I still had 1.5 60's at Sac. Can't wait to get my 2 step working. I might get it into the 1.4's. All I have left is to put together a legal stocker motor and away I go. See you all on the 7th.

Danny Cole
MR.HORSEPOWER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR.HORSEPOWER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2007 at 10:16pm
NEW FOR 2007 , MPMOTORSPORTS WILL BE DEBUTING A NEW 1963 SUPERGAS NOVA . THIS CAR IS ABSOLUTLY HANDS DOWN INSANE , SPORTING AN ALL ALUMINUM 414CID SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ,WITH A SET OF THE NEW BRODIX SPX 18 DEDGREE CYLINDER HEADS , ENGINE SHOULD MAKE RIGHT AROUND 750HP  , BACKED TO ATI POWER GLIDE TRANS, .
CAR SHOULD WEIGHT IN AT RIGHT AROUND 2250,, CUSTOM PAINTED AN OUTRAGOUS HOUSE OF COLORS CANDY TANGERINE, INTERIOR IS BLACK CARPET WITH GREY TWEED EVERYTHING, EVERY PART ON THIS CAR IS NEW EXCEPT THE BODY , I AM EXPECTING TO HAVE THIS CAR OUT FOR TESTING IN MID FEB.  THE LATEST PICS CAN BE VIEWED AT WWW.MPMOTORSPORTS.ORG  ON THE WORK IN PROGRESS PAGE..
YALL GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK ..  SEE YALL ON THE 7TH   MP MARC
HAVE YOU USED YOUR WHEELIE BARS TODAY???????????
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 3:29pm
well, no longer NEW, but the Peanut will start a complete season as our NEW ride.

aquired in September 2006, and finished in time for the Div 7 ET finals in Bakersfield, the truck saw its first passes with Brenda behind the wheel at the finals, and 3 passes at sac shortly after(still tuning-hell, I even drove it one pass, and was within 5/1000ths of Brenda's previous pass), and then we ran one wednesday night in October...so all total, 13 passes on the truck...so yea, I'd say it's NEW to us.

Since last passes, we installed new M/T slicks in place of the ET STREETS, fixed the throttle linkage to actually get full throttle, ran the valves, and re-jetted the carb.

Hoping for a fantastic season...we have the vehicle, and the driver...just need the luck!

BTW, the old Dart we had is now in the Mid-west...on ebay...if you want a laugh, go check it out...some sellers will stop at nothing to make a buck!

P.S. I've seen MP Marc's Nova...I am afraid to go anywhere near it, it is such a sweet ride...dont even want to breathe on it! His race cars are nicer than most people's show cars!!! Props, Marc!

Edited by Peanut - 04 Jan 2007 at 3:30pm
Best local bench racer around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 4:25pm
Good to see that so many of you have responded to this topic as I'm sure both Dave and myself will use some of this information that you have supplied in the announcers booth.
Danny Cole, good to hear from you as well and it will be nice to see you back in action this Sunday at Infineon. BTW, Danny knew about the Infineon forum site way before the vast majority of us and had registered months before
any of us
Craig, I checked the E-Bay listing on your old Dart (E-Bay Item #200064248953) Am I'm missing something here? I can't recall that car from my Fremont (Baylands) announcing days and I worked a lot of events there. I also raced there  dating back to the time when the track 1st opened up back in 1959 when Ron & Jodie Lawrence had it. Granted, my memory isn't as sharp as it once was but when it came to Mopars and frequent winners, I usually knew who those guys were.
I'm not saying that his claims are false but to be honest with you "Captain Black" just doesn't ring a bell.

Edited by Jim McCombe - 04 Jan 2007 at 4:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 4:31pm
One thing that I can say to you Carl in all honesty, nothing comes easy for you my old friend but when you get it, you get it right!
chevypwrdmust View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevypwrdmust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 6:32pm
Well Don likes to be stroked, but I like to be De-Stroked. The Mustang is hopefully going to come out with a Chevy 377. De-Stroked 400. I've got all new safety equipment to run in the 10's. Paul, I promise it won't run in the 9's. That's what brakes are for. Right now I'm having header trouble. Can't get the spark plugs in. Do I really need spark plugs? I may have some more work for Marc Power. Or GULP! I may have to ask Bud Rathke to build some custom headers. Oh the pain! I'm hemorrhaging money! My wife is going to kill me. (if she finds out). I am still in need of a Throttle Stop. 4150 type electric. See you all soon.
Mark Scheuer
Mark " The Insurance Man"
Nothing beats a Chevy for power and reliability!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 7:19pm
Marc Power,
Very impressed with your new ride and congratulations on your web site, very well done.
Though I have been a big fan of yours for some time now, after viewing your web site it just confirmed why I am.
Nice work in every aspect

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 7:21pm
Mark,
Really surprised that you haven't been able to locate that throttle stop yet? Have you checked the ads in Racingjunk.com?
S212 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by chevypwrdmust chevypwrdmust wrote:

Well Don likes to be stroked, but I like to be De-Stroked. The Mustang is hopefully going to come out with a Chevy 377. De-Stroked 400. I've got all new safety equipment to run in the 10's. Paul, I promise it won't run in the 9's. That's what brakes are for. Right now I'm having header trouble. Can't get the spark plugs in. Do I really need spark plugs? I may have some more work for Marc Power. Or GULP! I may have to ask Bud Rathke to build some custom headers. Oh the pain! I'm hemorrhaging money! My wife is going to kill me. (if she finds out). I am still in need of a Throttle Stop. 4150 type electric. See you all soon.
Mark Scheuer

Accel makes some shorty spark plugs for header clearance problems. Some what limited on heat ranges but worked out good for me.

Racers are my family to.
Keith Richards View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Richards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2007 at 11:56pm

No new cars for me, however Rich is putting together a new 500" mega block Indy headed motor that will be going in the Challenger in the next month or so. It should be putting out 800 hp and put the car in the high 8's low 9's but will be raced mainly on the stop @ 9.90.
 At the same time I have been fixing up another 500" mega block motor with mildly ported Indy EZ heads that will be going in our 68' road runner. It should be around 650 hp through the 3" exhaust and hopefully run mid 10's on pump gas. I hope to run it on wednesday nights as work allows and at Sacramento. My wife Stacey wants to drive the rr also. I am hoping to have it ready by March.

Keith

Edited by Keith Richards - 04 Jan 2007 at 11:57pm
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 12:19pm
Jim...the seller on ebay trying to pedal our old 13 second Dart is making the whole thing up. The car only received 3 changes from when we had it.

wheels/tires
repaired rear 1/4 panel sheetmetal behind rear wheels
hood scoop/grill

oh, and they added in some old factory bucket seats, and some 'stickers' to make it look as if Sox and Martin, along with Mr. Norm ever had anything to do with that car.

I find it amusing, and sad to see someone actually try to makes claims about a car like that.

sadder still that other would believe such a fabrication.

it was a good, fun car, but a low-12 second drag car, it was not. And as for "captain Black"...I guess folks in the mid-west have no idea that sometimes people who used to own cars, actually visit ebay from time to time.

while I miss that old Junkyard dog, its replacement in the form of a Peanut is welcome, and tons more fun.

as always, thanks to Frank B for the Dart which was a stepping-stone for the Peanut, and Mike Eling for not giving up and selling the truck before we got our hands on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 1:37pm
Thanks Craig for the real story concerning your old Dart. At least it confirms that my memory to a degree is still intact..
When I read that the car would run low 12's, I was thinking that either he stepped it up from the time that you and Brenda had it as I recalled it was about a 13.30 or so car or he wasn't being honest.
I didn't bother to check the guy's feedback as that usually is a fairly good indicator of his past E-Bay transactions.
As you stated earlier, some will go to any length to make a buck.
As for Frank Barrett and Mike Eling, both great guys who are honest with integrity and like yourself proud to have them as friends.
I found out last October who my friends were when my 64 Plymouth was stuck in Colorado after some 5 years because of a bunch of lies and broken promises by a former racer who I considered a friend.
Without going into details, Frank Barrett, Jim Ambroselli and Bob Beals dropped everything and took off in Frank's truck towing his trailer and brought our car back home where it is now sitting safely in Frank's garage.
Their acts of kindness will never be forgotten and it's so nice to know that there are still people in this world like them.
Sorry to get off topic but your story rekindled some bad memories that had a good ending because of the compassion and generosity of 3 people who helped me in my time of great need.
Rich Nedbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Nedbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Jim McCombe Jim McCombe wrote:

I know that Rich Nedbal will be driving a newly aquired Dodge Neon that was once campaigned by Pro Stock driver Alan Johnson in Super Pro this year.
From early reports based on some initial runs at Sacramento, this car is going to be very fast.

Hey Jimmy ...
Well, I'll be there on the 7th.  The Neon had a  few bugs but nothing serious.  I'll say one thing - converting an old Pro Stocker to a bracket car was a lot more work than I thought.  But it feels good with no vibrations or surprises.

FWIW: I moved over the HEMI and PG from my 64 Plymouth that I sold as a roller.

BTW: At Sac, it ran 9.5 @ 164 with 5.5 seconds in the stop so it will be fun to open it up (but not on this Sunday). 

See you all there...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 6:40pm
Thanks Rich for the updates as well as the photos.
That thing looks like it's going 200 mph at a stand still
Great looking car and this thing has Top Sportsman written all over it...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 6:59pm
Craig, I just checked with the E-Bay bidding on your old Dodge Dart and with 2 days remaining, a total of 15 bids have been made and is currently at $8,100.00  I don't see a reserve price so it will be going to the highest bidder.
Unless this guys had made some performance changes, the new owner is going to be very disappointed when he finds out that he bought a 13 second car
The guy must be a pretty good BS artist, 100% positive feed back rating.
Looks like no one has done any real research on it and it's true back ground

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 10:11am
Craig,
As of January 6, 2007 at 7:10 AM, the E-Bay listing on your old Dodge Dart has been pulled. Not sure if he found a local buyer but the car is no longer listed.
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2007 at 12:21pm
Jim...I am not sure...but I also have a feeling a few of those "private bidders" were actually remote IP addresses(his friends) doing the "jacking" for him.

Either that, or too many other people emailed him with threats, and/or asking for things he couldnt provide.

I didnt rheaten, or report him in any way. I just dropped him a friendly note saying I know what he has, and someone else will toO...AFTER they buy it...and he should probably avoid selling it to someone locally, as they will know where to find him when they cant run anything close to what he says.

I cant wait to see Nedbal's Neon..... I loved the Non P/S the day I saw them. Brenda always wanted a drag truck....now she'll want a P/S Neon....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic