FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jan 15th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dave Hoover View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jan 15th
    Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 2:22pm

LOOKIN' GOOD!

Mon
Jan 15
Sunny
56/29 10%

Might be the Time Run Nationals
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 4:12pm
Dave, I hope that forecast holds up!
With some additional rubber down, this place could be something else especially at this time of year and the cool conditions.
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 4:45pm
wont be there....TJ will, but Peanut wont...I have to work. Sorry gang....have fun.

Best local bench racer around.
Hagen 79 sst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagen 79 sst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 8:37pm
Graig
whats with the peanut in the out house
Marking your territory
Smokem If Ya Gotem
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2007 at 12:11am
Carl...nah....remember my saying....."if you find a Peanut, I was there."

sometimes it will be in the place you least expect it. Some have been known to sit on them, others seem to find a Peanut instead of a friendly hand-shake.

Mike Chadwick found out the hard way... NEVER turn down a free Peanut...he said he didnt need one....and he was on his way home shortly after.

If you find a Peanut...I was there.

if you ever crave the salty little treats, come see me in our pits...there's plenty to go around...and no, those ones havent spent time in the outhouse!

SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2007 at 6:47pm
Time runs and free peanuts!  We'll be there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagen 79 sst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2007 at 8:40pm
Graig
we all work for peanuts
But are you over payed
Smokem If Ya Gotem
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 10:47am
Carl...nah...I buy my Peanuts, just like the rest of you. You may hand out business cards so folks know who you are...I just hand out  peanuts....

Rich Nedbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Nedbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 10:57am
Dave

I won't make it.  Have to change the rear gears (I'm going to 3.70s if you can believe that), larger radiator, smaller front tires, and make ramps for the trailer.  Then my wife and I are heading to Phoenix the next day.

Have fun, drive safe and remember ... if it feels loose, IT IS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagen 79 sst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 11:07am
Smokem If Ya Gotem
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 10:50pm
Hi Jim,

Our batting order follows,

Kevin Neft is the new owner of the White Maverick and will race it in HS on Monday.

Spencer will race the Dart on Monday, as his 'Stang isn't ready yet with its new bullet.  I think Glen Phillips helped them assemble the new motor for the Mustang today.

Melissa will run the Mustang, first time out of the barn for the '66 in a while. She'll run in S/P for a little box practice to get ready for T/D.

And me, I'll be having a great time helping everyone out and looking forward to seeing everyone! 
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 1:39am
Thanks Steve for all of the updates, sure will help make both Dave and my job easier in the booth and will be looking forward in seeing everyone once again. 
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 10:52am
Steve...your job sounds alot like  mine....remember, every now and then YOU need to sit behind the wheel, and remind them how it's done! 

one Saturday Test at Sac after Bakersfield, Brenda and I took the Peanut out for some laps, to do some testing/tuning.

She clicked off 2 passes, 1 in each lane... 11.578, and 11.575...then I jumped behind the wheel an hour later and clicked off a 11.568...2 different drivers, 2 different lanes, 30 minutes between passes and only 1/100th variance....I'd say it was dialed in!

Edited by Peanut - 13 Jan 2007 at 10:53am
72Qsam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Qsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 11:10am
And I will be his not so able- bodied assistant, and it is a TOUGH job!

Sam
STK 758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STK 758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 12:38pm
Dave, Is the wedge ready?
You might be looking at 800'below and 300 at race time. I hope we get some warmth before Monday.....
Dave Hoover View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 12:53pm
Barry, you've got mail.
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 9:51pm
Craig,
Yes we are one in the same.    We'll have to compare notes on the alky injection some day.  If you get bored with the peanut truck, I could use a hand with the digger.  I like driving and I've won a few races in my time, but it's more fun to be the crew cheif. IMHO anyway. 

Jim,
I know we've been confusing you lately, so it's nice to be able to let you know who's driving what this w/e.  I really enjoy your announcing the races, along with Dave!

Barry,
Good seeing you on the BB, when are you gonna let your kids drive?

Steve Westerman
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 11:40pm
Steve...Bored? with the Peanut? NEVER!
You know, about being a "crew chief"...let me share something with you.

In 1995, I took a seat in a 10.50 1965 Mustang. I ran it week in and week out. I competed in the "Crafstman" series, and the Goodguys. I even won a championship in it. I always asked Bob Sherwood(car owner) why he never wanted to drive it anymore. He told me something I'll never forget. He said "I cannot explain how good it feels to watch someone else perform magic behind the wheel of something I created. Some day you might understand."

I do now. The amount of honor, and joy I feel when my knuckles are still scabbed, my palms still blistered from wrenches, and my feet still throbbing from running laps in the pits, and the car that caused all the pain is turning on the win light round after round. In fact, I have discovered recently that a win light is no longer the prize for me...it's watching my hard work leave that starting line, and hang a magic number on the scoreboard 1320 feet away, and return to do it all over again.

people ask me why I do what I do, and why I dont drive any more.....and I tell them what Bob Sherwood told me....and until they walk a mile in my shoes, they too, will never understand. You, Steve....you understand.

Every now and then I get a hankerin' to plop my butt behind the wheel and give it a whirl, just to be sure I still know I can...and every time I do, I am reminded...yea, I can still play.

Edited by Peanut - 13 Jan 2007 at 11:43pm
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 12:04am
When I was a kid at the races I overheard an oldtimer say "drag racing is a race between mechanics".  At the time I thought he was a crazy SOB,
pumpgasrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpgasrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 12:30am
The peanut truck rocks
Mike Eling.....Goin fast with pump gas.
Eathon 7053 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eathon 7053 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 1:14am
Can we park late Sunday night and plug the car in so it will be all toasty warm in the am
72Qsam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Qsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 11:00am
We live 15 minutes from the track and it is a balmy 24 at 8 am .....
Sam
STK 758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STK 758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 11:36am
Hi Steve, Happy New Year.
Sara is going to school in Channel Islands and has one simester left. She could shoe it, mostly depends on if she stays in So Cal. She still has her 67 Nova though.   Tyler is working 7 days a week for MPDracing.com so he is busy. We are finishing his car right now.   My plan is to continue crew chief racing with Jeff Gillette, (The Pay is GOOD!) in Comp and T/S. The answer, Yes, both kids can field the stocker. Jeff and I are trying to put together a new truck and trailer for three cars but... The money thing always gets in the way , ya know. The Stocker has a new chassis and 10pt moly cage is new thanks to Sean Mclean at Infineon and the new combo is starting to come together. I will be working on the engine the 15th so good luck and I hope to see you soon.

Barry

Edited by STK 758 - 14 Jan 2007 at 10:59pm
MelissaW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelissaW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 9:58pm
Barry,

That's great!  what's Sara studying in the Channel Islands?  Melissa will be graduating this spring too. Good luck to Tyler, you guys have your stuff together, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Steve
Draw your line of standard & live above it~www.GirlPowerRacing.com~
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 10:01pm
Whoops, that was really me above..... 

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic