FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pinks TV Show Coming To Infineon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pinks TV Show Coming To Infineon
    Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 8:34pm
Georgia informed me today while I was at the track that the TV Show Pinks which airs on Speed Vision is planning to do a show from Infineon Raceway sometime this Summer.
Exact dates and times are to be worked out and once that information is given to me, I will post it here.
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Keith Richards View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Richards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 9:05pm
Hopefully it will be one of there all out shows.
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 9:10pm
I've been wondering if they would film an episode at our track.  I don't think muich of pinks, but it'll be nice to see our track on the show.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 9:17pm
I have no idea as to how they make their selections and who will get air time. From what I have witnessed on TV, they try to appeal more to the Street type of racer but then again I could be wrong.
Sure wouldn't be the 1st time...
Just wonder how many of them will be able to pass Paul & Daves Tech???
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 11:21pm
I wonder if they'll EVER use the christmas tree. it sure is whacked to see that dude standing 300 feet down track, right smack dab in the center, giving hand signals to GO, when there are tweaked, bent, crooked, sketchy wheel-standing street cars heading at him with no intention of letting up for fear of losing.

reminds me of Sac!

Edited by Peanut - 13 Jan 2007 at 11:22pm
Best local bench racer around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 2:23pm
Craig,
That has always been my concern with the starter and show host Rich Christensen being that far down track unprotected and some car getting loose.
 Here is some information that I found regarding that show. Pinks has developed quite a following drawing more than 2 million viewers weekly and is the most watched show on Speed Vision.

As for the use of the Christmas Tree and this is only my opinion, it would deter from the concept of the show as I have always felt that they were trying to appeal to the Street type racer as opposed to the hard core NHRA bracket type.
Ted Seipel brought up an interesting point yesterday while we were having a gathering in one of the Infineon suites and that was regarding the negotiaitions to determine what the handicap would be. As anyone who has ever witnessed this show, there is big time sand bagging involved just to try and get an advantage.
Ted pointed out that some guy with a big monster motor that was equipped with Nitrous as many are on that show, agreed to remove the bottle in order to reduce the handicap that he had to give.
Seems as if the bottle was empty and that was only used as a bargaining chip and needless to say he had no problem beating the other guy.
And all of this time, I thought racers were honest and truthful...
JK Fab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 10:41pm
I just heard this from someone that got off the phone with Rich.  Take it for what it is worth I guess.  Could be false, could be true:

"Got off the phone with Rich Christiansen about 45 minutes ago.

As we all know "Pinks" has some questionable vehicles participating and are banned from racing at some NHRA-legal tracks. Mostly, he will NOT be racing in California's tracks.

Some of the tracks he mentioned are Florida, Texas and Maryland.
He will however, be producing "Pinks heads up" races where they could be held in California but there's currently no plans to race at Infineon."

Edited by JK Fab - 16 Jan 2007 at 11:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 11:20pm
All I can say is that my source of information was Georgia regarding doing a segment of Pinks and she is a very reliable  person. Steve Page, Infineon President is very supportive of it as well so there may be something brewing that none of us know about?

JK Fab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Jim McCombe Jim McCombe wrote:

All I can say is that my source of information was Georgia regarding doing a segment of Pinks and she is a very reliable  person. Steve Page, Infineon President is very supportive of it as well so there may be something brewing that none of us know about?

I believe you Jim.  That is why I said take it for what it is worth.  Could be false, could be true......Time will tell and I think it will be AWSOME if then can get a show out there !!!!

Edited by JK Fab - 16 Jan 2007 at 11:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 11:53pm
Jeff, I would imagine there are only a few select people who really know what is actually going on and I am not one of them.
Like yourself, I guess we will all just have to wait and see what comes of it but I'm positive there is a huge market for something like that here in the Bay Area.
Good to read your posts, ever think about starting a new topic just for imports? We sure get enough of them on Wednesday nights and it's just a matter of getting the word out.
JK Fab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Jim McCombe Jim McCombe wrote:

Jeff, I would imagine there are only a few select people who really know what is actually going on and I am not one of them.
Like yourself, I guess we will all just have to wait and see what comes of it but I'm positive there is a huge market for something like that here in the Bay Area.
Good to read your posts, ever think about starting a new topic just for imports? We sure get enough of them on Wednesday nights and it's just a matter of getting the word out.

I am positive that there is a HUGE market for the show in this area as well Jim!!  I think our area can provide some GOOD quality cars too.

I am not sure how to properly respond to the import thread ?  For me to comment about it is a no win conversation. 

Keith Richards View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Richards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 12:21am
 I with Jim on this one as I talked with Georgia about what she knew about it in the tower on Monday. I also know 1st hand how dealing with TV can be as I and are company Shook and Waller Construction had dealings with the hollywood types when we framed the "Extreme Makeover " house here in Cotati 2 years ago. I have alot of stories from that one and the conterversy they created, before , during and after.

Keith
Dave Hoover View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 12:34am

If they show up maybe Lightfoot will run his Super Stocker

Carl, call Ming and tell him he might be wrenching again

Bawhahahahahahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic