FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tour de Charity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tour de Charity
    Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:24pm

Few Spots Remain for NHRA Tour de Charity at Infineon Raceway

SONOMA, Calif. (Feb. 25, 2009) — Only 10 spots remain for the upcoming NHRA Tour de Charity at Infineon Raceway, March 7, when fans can kart against NHRA Top Fuel drivers David Baca, Rod Fuller and Hillary Will.

The day is comprised of classroom instruction, several karting sessions on the lightening fast, 16-turn, three-quarter mile kart track, lunch, autographs and a chance to race with some of your favorite NHRA drag racing stars.

The day will run from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (PT) at the Infineon Raceway Kart Center. The first 50 fans who register will have a reserved seat in the action-packed day. Cost is $325. All proceeds benefit Speedway Children’s Charities, the charitable arm of Infineon Raceway.

The event has raised more than $64,000 over the last six years, and organizers hope to generate $14,000 at this year’s Tour de Charity. Here’s the NHRA driver lineup for the day:

Rod Fuller (Top Fuel Dragster): Finished sixth in Top Fuel points in 2008, earning his third straight top-10 finish.
Hillary Will (Top Fuel Dragster): Finished fourth in Top Fuel points in 2008 in only her third season.
David Baca (Mach1/Global Services Top Fuel Dragster): A veteran racer and Brentwood native, Baca returns to NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing after a two-year absence.

“I always look forward to racing at Infineon Raceway, and I will especially be looking forward to racing at the Tour de Charity,” said Will. “It will be great to raise money and hang out with some race fans. Hopefully they go easy on me because I’m not used to turning when I race, and I've never done any sort of kart racing."

The Jim Russell Racing Drivers School, which operates the karting center, will provide the karts, race suits, classroom instruction and on-track pointers for all competitors. There will be giveaways during the day, and the top 10 qualifiers (race fans) will compete in a 10-lap timed race at the end of day for the NHRA Experience. This package includes: two tickets to the FRAM Autolite NHRA Nationals (July 24-26) and a meet-and-greet with a top star on the NHRA circuit.

The NHRA drivers will also compete in a 10-lap timed race at the end of the day for King of the Track bragging rights. The winners the first six years of this highly-competitive race have been Funny Car driver Ron Capps (2003, 2005, 2006-2007), Matt Guidera (2008) and Top Fueler Cory McClenathan (2004). To reserve your seat in the NHRA Tour de Charity, please call 707-933-3950, 800-870-RACE, or e-mail dsilver@infineonraceway.com.

If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic