FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Points series?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
73'goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73'goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Points series?
    Posted: 28 May 2009 at 2:26pm
I know that the top 16 make it on the team from sportsman, but is it the same for the other classes like pro?

thanks
Kevin
KEVIN NEFT
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 4:44pm
I think that they won't have a full team going that far south this year Kevin.  So if you're in the points and want to travel you'll probably make it.  Wink  Besides you're gonna be in the top 4!  Clap
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by SteveW SteveW wrote:

Wink  Besides you're gonna be in the top 4!  Clap

................AGAIN!!!
Best local bench racer around.
73'goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73'goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:24am
thanks guys just wondering if it was the same for the future years with 16 going in categories like pro
KEVIN NEFT
hardandstraight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardandstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 11:20am
I hear a rumor that they are changing things around this year and the bottom four are in the race of champions.....

woo hoo I am in the running.

Eric Martin
S/Pro S/St
73'goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73'goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:01pm

I think that they won't have a full team going that far south this year Kevin.Wink  Besides you're gonna be in the top 4!  Clap

My only question is then why do people sign up for the points if they don't intend to go??
KEVIN NEFT
Keith Richards View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Richards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by 73'goose 73'goose wrote:

I think that they won't have a full team going that far south this year Kevin.Wink  Besides you're gonna be in the top 4!  Clap

My only question is then why do people sign up for the points if they don't intend to go??

I have signed up and been on the team for over 10 years now, When signing up I have always had the intention of trying to be good enough to make the team and race at the ET finals, I have only missed one and that was when a work situation came up and I had to stay home (2001) So to answer your question I think most do it for the race to race competitiveness on wanting to be as high up as possible, plus you also get at least 1 full ticket to the Autolite Nationals as well, which is equal to the cost of joining the team in the 1st place. A few of the years when you are in the top positions they will send you 2 tickets to that event which is also a bonus.
73'goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73'goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 4:50am
alright makes more sense to me now just after talking to a few people it had me scratchin my head
KEVIN NEFT
SteveW View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 1:06pm
Keith,

I agree with you.  We are not planning to attend even though Melissa is signed up.  BUT if we're in the top 4 at the end of the year, we will. Wink  And, like you said, the National Event tickets are worth the sign up fee.
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 1:33pm
I agree. I think most sign up at the first race because of a "just in case I kick tail this year" state of mind.

Many racers who sign up do not always plan to attend a long-distance ET finals event UNLESS they earn enough points to compete in the ROC. But when they sign up at the first race, they are hoping to do well enough to make the top 4.

If the ET finals were at Infineon this year, I think you'd find that the majority of the SUMMIT ET racers would have signed up for points. But when the ET FINALS are held out of state, or so far away, many people(like Brenda and I) dont plan to attend regardless of points position at the end of the season.

The cost of team membership is off-set by the AUTOLITE NAT'S ticket set, so if you're going to the autolite nationals as a spectator, essentially, it's free if you signed up for points.

Oh...and yes, some sign up just to support the team(funds) with no intention of travelling to the ET finals.

P.S. Hey Eric, that pond is dry bro. Cast you line somewhere else. Wink

Edited by Peanut - 02 Jun 2009 at 1:34pm
Best local bench racer around.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic