FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wed night traction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SLCaldwell View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wed night traction
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:28pm
I have been racing every Wed night for the last few years. Last night the tracks traction was as bad as I have ever raced on. I hope you can make the track better for next week or I will find something else to do on Wednesdays. I will not race on a dangerous track and that is what we had last night. Everybody had traction issues  and the starter just stood there and did nothing. They sprayed vht or it seemed like oil on the starting line and then did not heat it with the torch. All of us were just blowing off the tires. Well I hope you can take care of the problem for next week....I know the car counts are low so don't make it worse by not prepping the track.    Steve  Ying%20Yang
budoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:47pm
Thanks for bringing this up.  I thought it was just me!  I always have consistent launches as long as the sun is up.  First round eliminations (around 6:20PM) I hammer it and spin city, game over, thanks for playing, see you next week :-(

Reminded me of Sac Raceway.  One of the reasons I come to Infineon is the better track prep (even on Wednesdays).   The prep on the test-n-tune day a month ago was unreal!!

Edited by budoboy - 08 Apr 2010 at 12:49pm
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:23pm
it was to the point I began to look for something wrong with our car.
Then I saw Steve in the Dart leave the starting line like he was on street tires and realized all we can do is dial accordingly.
Tommy J had to abort the run in the finals for fear of going Greco.

I know it aint easy prepping a track...especially after it was SO good Saturday, and Sunday's rain washed it in to oblivion. But yea, if I was a driver, I would have actually sat out last night. You guys have much more experience behind the wheel recently than I do...back in the day, we'd park it. No time slip is worth the value of the car, life or limb.

Hopefully things will return to normal next week. Of course, running Jackpot behind high school which follows STREET with a handful of 4x4 trucks has never made sense to me.
I actually think Norbom's Impala was what did it...that car has so much bottom end torque it almost peels the rubber off the starting line. I honestly don't know how he keeps that car in the lane...
Best local bench racer around.
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 8:32pm
how was the traction last night folks?
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:01pm
judging by everyone's ET, it was good!
PsychoSy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoSy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:14pm
My times were good. Slightly better than average. 60's were good to average. As usual truck started to spin just a bit when it cooled off but nothing unusual. For me the left lane is always slower/slipperier, I've always spin more at the line in the left lane.

But remember my truck is all wheel drive. That doesn't mean it won't go sideways on occasion but it's rare.

Reference times for me would be low 1.7 to high 1.6 60'
and low 12's at 105 to 112 top end which I was doing last night.

Not sure if that helps, but that my 2 cents...

Edited by PsychoSy - 15 Apr 2010 at 9:16pm
Remember' 500 miles is a drive, 1/4 mile is a race!

Don W.
Santa Rosa, Ca.
budoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:13pm
I was hooking better this last Wednesday.  I even soft-pedaled it as it got cooler and found out the track was still fine

Edited by budoboy - 16 Apr 2010 at 3:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic