FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Effect of driveshaft weight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
budoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Effect of driveshaft weight?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 3:43pm
I ask this here because I know you folks actually race and won't give me some kind of "butt dyno" or "vendor says" responses.

I got a heavy-duty chromoly shaft and it seems I lost about a 1/10th in the quarter consistently since then taking DA and 60' times into account. Stock was 22 lbs and chromoly one was 37 lbs. I weighed them on a bathroom scale although the vendor says the shipping weight of the chromoly one is 26 lbs. (maybe I read the scale wrong?)

Anyone have experience with changing to a lighter or heavier driveshaft? What if anything happened to your ET?
SLCaldwell View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLCaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:47pm
I recently broke my stock drive shaft after years of punishment....I had Santa Rosa drive line build me a 1350 ujoint heavy duty driveshaft. It weights alot more than the one I broke. I mabe lost  .02 . I noticed my reaction times quickened a tad. No not much ET loss at all and my mph is the same!  Hope this helps.   Steve  Ying%20Yang
pumpgasrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpgasrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:35pm
I think you may lose just slightly with the heavier shaft, but the benifits of strength, way outweigh the loss in et.
Mike Eling.....Goin fast with pump gas.
budoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:52pm
Thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic