FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bill Taggart Jr. Needs Our Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bill Taggart Jr. Needs Our Help
    Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 12:11am
Infineon Tech person and son of the late Bill Taggart Sr who was a 40 year Infineon (Sears Point)employee is trying to restore his late Dad's 69 Olds that was one of the featured cars in the ABC TV produced film in the early 1980's called "Hot Rod"
It was later re-released as "Rebel On The Road" and was the famed Munn's Root Beer Car that was driven by Sonny Munn (Grant Goodeve)
The car was stolen in 2000 and was recently recovered but stripped of most everything.
Details of what Bill Jr needs can be found here and recently Steve Caldwell has offered a transmission for it to get this project started.
Any help big or small would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=178759&id=100000575208201

Edited by Jim McCombe - 27 Apr 2010 at 12:13am
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Jim McCombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim McCombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 12:23am
Here is the original request put up on Face Book by Bill Taggart Jr.

To all fellow racers The Taggarts need your help putting the Munns car back together in memomry of Bill Taggart Sr.
The car was stolen in 2000 and has just got back to the Taggarts, but the only thing left of the car is the body and interior so we are asking our fellow racers for any help they can offer. We need parts: paint, body work, tires, fuel system, gauges, shifter, transmission, rear end ignition you name it we probably need it.
My sons and I are building this car back to the original Munns Car in memory of Bill Taggart Sr. We greatly appreciate all your help and support!!!!!! Please pass this on to anyone you might think can help. Thanks

Edited by Jim McCombe - 27 Apr 2010 at 12:26am
If it feels like it's going side ways... IT IS!
Peanut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 10:24am
I have a feeling Bill is going to need more help than parts when folks read this.
Good luck Bill. Most of what I use are "hand-me-downs" from Big Johnson's Auto and MP Motorsports, so I don't have "spares" but I'll see what Tom and I can come up with at the shop.

regardless of what I can bring to the table, I applaud you for bringing the car back.

is there any way to find out the details of how a car that was stolen 10 years ago was recovered, and the legendary name(s) on the side still exist(weren't removed)?
leaving the car "as it was" is like leaving the smoking gun in your hand.

Best local bench racer around.
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:06pm
People, this is the link to the other car,  http://www.hotrodwillys.com/history.html , in the movie, Hot Rod, 1979. Tough competition, though. Bill's going to need Vic's Museum parts, like in the movie, hey, Part II?  
"What's behind me, is not important!" Gumball Rally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic