FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to get "first time" fans to buy tickets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nascarnumber1fan View Drop Down
CMS Fan Advisory Board
CMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascarnumber1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get "first time" fans to buy tickets
    Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 12:14pm
  What do you think is the best way to get interested fans to purchase tickets in this down economy?
Shirley Babb
magic miler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic miler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 5:27pm
Some Fan based incentives would be a plus. For example, when a first timer attends the track of choice,a  limited edition keepsake or momento should be included in the price.
 Even a discount for food or beverages,merchandise,or even a free scanner rental would be a plus for a first timer.
 We, as veteran race fan's, just have to remember our first time and draw from that experience as to what would help out a first timer,and keep that fan coming back to our facility,or attending many more Races in person.

Edited by magic miler - 02 Feb 2011 at 5:28pm
"PUT IT OUT,TURN 2"
LOUDON STOCKHOLDER

madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 1:53pm
I believe that you have to get them to think of it not as a race, but market it as an experience. It's not just the race, but the tailgating, the activities and events that surround the track. Its not just a 3 hour race, it's a full days experience.

As Magic said, reasonably priced packages will surely help. But those packages shouldn't include seats close to the front, they should be good seats that will provide the first timer with a great view of the track. Stick them in the 2nd row and they probably won't come back.

Heck, if the track(s) put together a "Fan Experience" video on their web site, which goes everything a newbie needs to know, and shows what a great day at the track is like, that could go a long way in bring in new fans.
NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
CMS Fan Advisory Board
CMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascarnumber1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 2:07pm
Have the drivers be able for FIRSTT TIMERS for a single hour.  Just to allow race car fans FIRST TIMERS to experience them close and up front.
Shirley Babb
madfinnhockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madfinnhockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
I like the idea of making drivers available to first timers, but how would you stop seasoned fans from purchasing tickets and packages designated for new fans? I still think marketing has to look at a new set of demographic criteria, then target it. And... pricing, if its too expensive even seasoned fans can't afford it. An empty seat doesn't buy soft drinks, hot dogs or souvenirs. 

Think of the things that would make it more convenient for the first timer:
Ease of parking, and free parking
Ease of track arrival and departure (fans often hear horror stories of traffic jams at tracks)
One stop shopping (order your tickets, scanner rentals,  family food tickets, etc with 1 phone call or web order)
Helpful, knowledgeable track employees
Good value for the fans entertainment dollar
Plan for the fan of tomorrow by making it attractive for adults to bring their children. Perhaps reduced prices for childrens tickets, and free t-shirts or hats, etc.  for the kids
Family rates for food, such as 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, etc, for a reduced price, and allow fans to make this food plan purchase the same time they order their tickets, and food plan tickets are mailed out with their race tickets.
A free track walk early in the day may help bring in new fans.
And again, it has to be affordable for a family.

NHMS
Charlotte
Atlanat
Pocono
Kansas
CMS Fan Advisory Board
CMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nascarnumber1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 5:27pm
Tents.......everyone knows only certain people go into tents.  We place drivers in the tents and first timers have a pass provided to them with their ticket.......or the ticket is printed with a stamp or gold seal or something to designate it is their first time.  
Shirley Babb
schippyeyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schippyeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 6:08pm
Incentives, incentives, incentives!  What about some sort of 'substantial' discount on a future race?  Maybe a coupon or two for something 'free' that can be used at any race track?  Discount dollars for food purchases inside the track (similar to the way Daytona does)?
kartracer#3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kartracer#3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 5:19pm
1.Price of tickets will have to come down {along with everything else in a "down economy" }
Look out crazy 8 fans everywhere.........
YoRacefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoRacefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 4:49pm
I know when i got involved it was through going to races when i was in college (just a big excuse to drink and party).  Then i really grew an appreciation for the sport as a whole.  But more tracks should offer student discounts like Martinsville does.  It helps a college kid on a budget.  I am a few years outta college now but i still use my college ID when i can.

http://www.yoracefan.com

Edited by YoRacefan - 16 Jan 2012 at 4:50pm
Visit us at www.yoracefan.com
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Dont show them this from Kentucky Speedway....

Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
Bodidly23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodidly23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:05am
Simply said!!!!! First timers don't know what to expect or what to do when they get to the track.. las vegas is one of the best places to go for your first race there is something going on everywhere you turn..it provides lots of excitement in the neon garage area.you have to get ticket prices down, example of this is just for me for my week end is $550, that is just my track expense and I didn't buy the best seats. That's track parking neon garage and my seat. Typical family can not afford that times three or four. Now tack on motel and food plus gas in the car... Dollor for Dollor its just not afordable..
kentucky9 View Drop Down
BMS Fan Advisory Board
BMS Fan Advisory Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentucky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:38pm
Get a bunch of poor, hungry hillbillies. Feed them and pay their rent if they win. Give them a 800 horsepower STOCK car, the rest will take care of itself.
Bristol.....Allowing Coolers since 1961
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic